25 Messalonskee Avenue
Waterville, Maine 04901-5437
Superintendent of Schools
Eric L. Haley - email@example.com
- Starting with the meeting on Monday February 10 2020, Board Meetings for the remainder of the year will be held at the Waterville Junior High School Library.
- Waterville SPaRC is hosting a Community Data Interpretation (CDI) Event on Wednesday, February 26, 2020 from 9am through 3pm at The Elm (21 College Ave.) to get multiple perspectives in analyzing summaries of data collected from various sources and people in Waterville. Space is limited so be sure to REGISTER HERE today!
- December 6, 2019 - Request for Proposals released for the district's copier and printer fleet. The RFP is available here.
- The Waterville, Winslow and Vassalboro school boards have voted to join RSU18 and SAD54 in the Kennebec Valley Alliance Regional Service Center.
- The 2019-2020 Waterville School calendar is now available.
Our Mission Statement
The mission of the Waterville Public Schools is to help students attain the knowledge, skills, and attitudes they need to achieve personal fulfillment, be responsible citizens, do meaningful work, and pursue lifelong learning. To achieve our mission we believe that our curriculum should provide all students with a foundation of knowledge, skills and academic standards, along with opportunities to demonstrate and apply learning in varied ways across all curriculum areas. Curriculum and program offerings should provide opportunities for all students to realize their fullest potential and to celebrate their individual worth. Programs and activities should be challenging and should promote and enhance student's physical, emotional, intellectual, and social well being. Furthermore, we will strive to produce graduates who think critically and independently, adapt to new and changing situations, make appropriate choices, and act in a respectful and responsible manner. We believe that all employees of Waterville Public Schools should serve as models for students in helping them:
- Demonstrate the ability to solve problems.
- Communicate clearly and effectively.
- Discover ways to express themselves creatively.
- Make responsible decisions as world citizens.
- Use technological resources to enhance their learning.
- Research, analyze, and apply information.
- Behave in a respectful and responsible manner.
- Appreciate world cultures and diversity.
Waterville Public Schools is committed to working with parents and the community to provide the necessary leadership, resources and support to accomplish our mission.